Linkedin is the most effective social media platform in the world when it comes to B2B marketing. It is highly known and used for professional networking, career growth, and B2B sales.
It may not be as popular as Facebook, but LinkedIn is monetarily powerful, as it acts as a person’s professional career page and networking platform. It allows an individual to reach out to hundreds of people with just one post. Converse people for a job or business opportunities. An all-in-tool business and career tool that anyone can use for free by just signing up.
That is why it is a must to have an informed decision when building a social media marketing strategy. One has to have all the details so you can take advantage of the platform’s outreach.
To help you with that, here are some numbers and statistics you might want to consider when making your first marketing plan.
Basic LinkedIn Statisctics
- LinkedIn is 18 years old this year. It was launched nine months before Facebook on May 5, 2003.
- It was bought by Microsoft in December 2016.
- There are more than 774 million users on the professional networking platform across 200 countries and territories.
- There are about 310 million active users on the platform.
- LinkedIn has 16,000 full-time employees working across 30 cities in the world.
- There’s a 60% growth in search interest about LinkedIn for the last decade.
- 56.9% (430 million) of LinkedIn users are male, while 43.1% (326 million) are women.
- On average, a LinkedIn user earns $ 75,000 or £ 54,454.17.
- About 50% of internet users that have a college degree are using LinkedIn.
- The social media platform has 65 million decision-makers, 61 million senior-level influencers, 17 million opinion leaders, and 10 million C-level executives.
- People in decision-making responsibilities are estimated to be 41% older millennials aged between 26 – 35 years old. The, followed by 34% younger millennials aged between 19 – 25 years old.
UK LinkedIn Statistics
- More than 198 million LinkedIn users are from Europe.
- There are about 31.2 million users in the United Kingdom as of July 2021. It is 46.81% of the country’s population.
- It means that the UK ranks among the top five users of the professional networking platform.
- 57.1% are aged between 25 – 34 years old, while 22.2% are aged between 35 – 54 years old.
- According to YouGov, LinkedIn ranks 7th for the most popular social network in the UK.
- In a study conducted during the first quarter of 2020, about 14% of UK adults use LinkedIn several times a day, while about 30% said they use it once a week.
- There’s a 277% increase in remote job postings in the country as it entered lockdown.
- Naturally, views for remote jobs also grew by 158%.
- There’s an increase of remote job applications at 189%.
LinkedIn Business Statitics
- The platform has more than 57 million companies signed up with them.
- 4 out of 5 LinkedIn members are people who drive business decisions in their companies.
- An estimated 10,000 + B2B software product pages are available on the site.
- MarTechAdvisor noted that LinkedIn is the 2nd most used social media network by B2B marketers at 81%.
- According to research conducted by Content Marketing Institute (2021), LinkedIn is the most used platform for organic and paid distribution by B2B marketers at 96% and 80%, respectively.
- The same study also discovered that 66% of B2B marketers find LinkedIn provides the best overall content marketing results for their organization in the last 12 months.
- Also, 65% of B2B marketers noted that they get new customers with LinkedIn ads. (Hubspot, 2018)
- A LinkedIn Audience 360 study discovered that their audience has 2x the buying power versus an average web audience.
LinkedIn Content Marketing Statistics
- According to LinkedIn, pages that update containing links can have 45% higher engagement than updates that have no link on them.
- LinkedIn Slideshare has more than 70 million unique visitors per month. More than 400,000 new presentations are uploaded each month.
- It means that Slideshare has more than 20 million pieces of uploaded content.
- An average post on the platform can reach professionals in 21 industries and 9 countries on average.
- Videos on LinkedIn are 5x more likely to start a conversation than other types of content.
- Post with images has a 98% better comment rate.
- About 3 million users share content weekly on the platform. But only a million users have published an article.
- According to Econsultancy, about 64% of visits from social media to business websites came from LinkedIn in 2013. It is likely to increase since then.
- 45% of content readers on LinkedIn are upper management in companies.
- Content creation increased to 60% in 2020.
- Content with 1,900 words or more performs better than shorter articles on the platform.
- Livestreams increased by 437% on the platform in 2020.
- Article titles that have 40-49 characters perform the best on the platform.
Sprout Social’s research showed that the best time to publish a LinkedIn post is between 8 am – 10 am and 12 noon on Wednesdays, 9 am and 1 pm to 2 pm on Thursdays, and 9 am on Fridays.
LinkedIn Advertising Statistics
- LinkedIn has a lower cost per lead compared to Google Ads by 28%
- For Direct Sponsored Content and LinkedIn Sponsored Content, LinkedIn recommends having 3-5 campaigns at any given time to maximize engagement.
- A successful text ad can have an audience from 60k to 400k.
- A LinkedIn ad can reach 13% of the world’s population.
- A user’s purchase intent increases by 33% due to ad exposure. Buyers consider LinkedIn as the most influential channel during their decision-making stage. (Demandbase, 2018)
- LinkedIn Ads was able to reach more than 663.3 million users as of January 2020. (We are Social)
We know that these numbers can be a lot.
But you don’t have to memorize them. Slowly go through the list and see which one you’d like to explore and take advantage of for you and your business.
After all, being equipped and informed is the foundation for creating a plan that best fits your business.
If you want more information about LinkedIn and how it can work for your business growth, schedule a chat with us via this link. You can also check out our free webinar.